Be Your Child's Champion
Be Your Child’s Champion can help you through four parts of communicating on behalf of your child.
- My Thoughts can help identify, organize and prepare your thoughts before you begin a conversation.
- Our Conversation can provide helpful phrases to can use during a conversation.
- My Reflections can help determine how you feel about a conversation, as well as questions or concerns you have.
- Next Steps can help outline what needs to be done next.
In Be Your Child’s Champion, discover how families, just like yours, communicate on behalf of their child!
- Child Care Provider – Meet John who has a concern about his daughter and their child care provider.
- Healthcare Professional – Meet Angie who has a concern about her son and his healthcare professional
- Another Family – Meet Latisha and Dan who address a concern about their son and a friend’s family.
- Communicating Why Child Care is Important – Meet Rosa who shares concerns about decisions she’s made.
- NEW: Leaders in Your Community – Meet Sarah who shares with a community leader the impact quality early learning has made for her family.
Each section of Be Your Child’s Champion contains questions or phrases to get you started, as well as a place you can fill in your responses. It’s not necessary to provide a response to every question. Sometimes, it may even be helpful to admit that you just don’t know the answer!
If you'd like to order hard copies, call the printer at 1-800-257-8830.